Left Front announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The Left Front today nominated CPI(M) leader Sridip Bhattacharya as its candidate for the June 2 by-poll in Howrah Lok Sabha constituency, LF chairman Biman Bose said.
The seat recently fell vacant due to the death of Trinamool Congress MP Ambica Banerjee.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former India football captain Prasun Banerjee as its candidate in the bye-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured