Left Front announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The Left Front today nominated CPI(M) leader Sridip Bhattacharya as its candidate for the June 2 by-poll in Howrah Lok Sabha constituency, LF chairman Biman Bose said.
The seat recently fell vacant due to the death of Trinamool Congress MP Ambica Banerjee.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former India football captain Prasun Banerjee as its candidate in the bye-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing