Left Front announces candidate for Howrah LS by-poll
Kolkata: The Left Front today nominated CPI(M) leader Sridip Bhattacharya as its candidate for the June 2 by-poll in Howrah Lok Sabha constituency, LF chairman Biman Bose said.
The seat recently fell vacant due to the death of Trinamool Congress MP Ambica Banerjee.
Trinamool Congress has already announced former India football captain Prasun Banerjee as its candidate in the bye-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence