Left Front delegation to meet President, PM on May 9
Kolkata: In the backdrop of the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal, a Left Front delegation will submit a memorandum to the President and Prime Minister on May 9 to press for a CBI enquiry into it.
The delegation will be led by senior CPI(M) leader Surya Kanta Mishra who is the Leader of the Opposition, Left Front chairman Biman Bose told reporters today.
Bose declined to give further details on the matter.
CPI(M) sources, however, said that the delegation will inform the President and Prime Minister about ground realities of the multi-crore chit fund scam and the political scenario in the state.
Reiterating the demand for a court supervised CBI enquiry into the scam Bose said, "We know that CBI is not a holy cow. We want a CBI enquiry under the court`s supervision."
Bose also criticised the state government and the police for not providing permission to the CPI(M) Kolkata District Committee to hold a rally at Shyambazar scheduled for today, which the party has vowed to hold anyway.
"They had earlier issued permission, but later withdrew it. It is a trend of dictatorship, which sends out a message that only the ruling Trinamool Congress will get permission, but not Opposition parties," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price