Left Front delegation to meet President, PM on May 9
Kolkata: In the backdrop of the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal, a Left Front delegation will submit a memorandum to the President and Prime Minister on May 9 to press for a CBI enquiry into it.
The delegation will be led by senior CPI(M) leader Surya Kanta Mishra who is the Leader of the Opposition, Left Front chairman Biman Bose told reporters today.
Bose declined to give further details on the matter.
CPI(M) sources, however, said that the delegation will inform the President and Prime Minister about ground realities of the multi-crore chit fund scam and the political scenario in the state.
Reiterating the demand for a court supervised CBI enquiry into the scam Bose said, "We know that CBI is not a holy cow. We want a CBI enquiry under the court`s supervision."
Bose also criticised the state government and the police for not providing permission to the CPI(M) Kolkata District Committee to hold a rally at Shyambazar scheduled for today, which the party has vowed to hold anyway.
"They had earlier issued permission, but later withdrew it. It is a trend of dictatorship, which sends out a message that only the ruling Trinamool Congress will get permission, but not Opposition parties," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical