Left Front delegation to meet President, PM on May 9
Kolkata: In the backdrop of the Saradha chit fund scam in West Bengal, a Left Front delegation will submit a memorandum to the President and Prime Minister on May 9 to press for a CBI enquiry into it.
The delegation will be led by senior CPI(M) leader Surya Kanta Mishra who is the Leader of the Opposition, Left Front chairman Biman Bose told reporters today.
Bose declined to give further details on the matter.
CPI(M) sources, however, said that the delegation will inform the President and Prime Minister about ground realities of the multi-crore chit fund scam and the political scenario in the state.
Reiterating the demand for a court supervised CBI enquiry into the scam Bose said, "We know that CBI is not a holy cow. We want a CBI enquiry under the court`s supervision."
Bose also criticised the state government and the police for not providing permission to the CPI(M) Kolkata District Committee to hold a rally at Shyambazar scheduled for today, which the party has vowed to hold anyway.
"They had earlier issued permission, but later withdrew it. It is a trend of dictatorship, which sends out a message that only the ruling Trinamool Congress will get permission, but not Opposition parties," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog