Left Front demands action by West Bengal govt
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led Left Front today demanded immediate steps against attacks on its party offices and workers in West Bengal following the heckling of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and manhandling of state finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi on April 9.
"Arson, loot, ransacking and physical assault of party leaders have been reported from many areas," the Front said in a letter to the state Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee calling for immediate government steps against it.
"Trinamool Congress did not spare Presidency University, even though the administration remained indifferent to the issue," the letter said.
It also said that the Front had unequivocally condemned the `undesirable` incident before Yojna Bhavan in Delhi and made enquiries about the health of the finance minister.
The letter, signed by leaders of its 10 constituents, referred to its demand for a judicial probe into the death of SFI leader Sudipta Gupta on April 2.
The Front warned that it would organise a movement unless its demand for effective steps by the state government was not conceded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know