Left Front demands white paper on dengue
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front on Friday demanded that the Kolkata Municipal Corporation authorities bring out a white paper on the dengue outbreak in the city.
This is one of the five demands mentioned in a memorandum on the disease submitted to the Mayor Shobhan Chatterjee by the Kolkata district Left Front.
The other demands included development of infrastructure to combat dengue in each ward of the KMC and making the blood sample testing mechanism more effective.
After submitting the memorandum, Convenor of the LF Kolkata district Dilip Sen said had the KMC acted properly without trivialising the issue, the situation would not have been so bad.
The mayor, however, said the KMC has taken all the steps required to tackle the situation and the opposition was politicising the issue.
Opposition councillors belonging to the Left parties demonstrated outside the mayor`s chamber yesterday demanding more meetings to discuss the situation arising out of growing incidences of dengue in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources