Left Front gives ultimatum for arrest of attackers
Kolkata: The CPI-M on Monday gave a deadline of noon tomorrow to the West Bengal government for the arrest of the attackers of senior party leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, failing which the party threatened to launch an agitation.
The CPI-M has claimed that Mollah was attacked and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters at Kantatala in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
The Trinamool has refuted the allegations.
Leader of the Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra said if the attackers were not arrested then the party would hold demonstrations before the district headquarters and the office of the SP.
He said there was no positive sign from the government in taking action against the attackers.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose condemned the attack claiming that democracy was collapsing in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country