Left Front gives ultimatum for arrest of attackers
Kolkata: The CPI-M on Monday gave a deadline of noon tomorrow to the West Bengal government for the arrest of the attackers of senior party leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, failing which the party threatened to launch an agitation.
The CPI-M has claimed that Mollah was attacked and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters at Kantatala in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
The Trinamool has refuted the allegations.
Leader of the Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra said if the attackers were not arrested then the party would hold demonstrations before the district headquarters and the office of the SP.
He said there was no positive sign from the government in taking action against the attackers.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose condemned the attack claiming that democracy was collapsing in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!