Left Front gives ultimatum for arrest of attackers
Kolkata: The CPI-M on Monday gave a deadline of noon tomorrow to the West Bengal government for the arrest of the attackers of senior party leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, failing which the party threatened to launch an agitation.
The CPI-M has claimed that Mollah was attacked and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters at Kantatala in South 24 Parganas district yesterday.
The Trinamool has refuted the allegations.
Leader of the Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra said if the attackers were not arrested then the party would hold demonstrations before the district headquarters and the office of the SP.
He said there was no positive sign from the government in taking action against the attackers.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose condemned the attack claiming that democracy was collapsing in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year