Left Front members stage walkout in Assembly
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front on Wednesday staged a walkout in the state Assembly when the Speaker did not allow an adjournment motion moved by the Leader of Opposition seeking discussion on law and order situation in West Bengal.
Citing that the Opposition has already been alloted time to discuss on the law and order situation during the debate on the Governor`s speech, Speaker Biman Banerjee denied permission to move the adjournment motion.
The LF members staged the walkout shouting slogans against alleged horse-trading of MLAs during the recent Rajya Sabha elections.
Accusing the state government of trying to draw a rosy picture about the law and order situation in the state, both the opposition Congress and the Left Front lashed out at the Governor`s speech provided by the state government.
"We all know the state government provides the speech and the Governor reads it out. The speech only lauds the law and order situation in the state. What about rising incidents of crime against women and the violent incidents during the recent panchayat elections?" said Mohammed Sohrab, the leader of the Congress legislature party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves