Left Front members stage walkout in Assembly
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front on Wednesday staged a walkout in the state Assembly when the Speaker did not allow an adjournment motion moved by the Leader of Opposition seeking discussion on law and order situation in West Bengal.
Citing that the Opposition has already been alloted time to discuss on the law and order situation during the debate on the Governor`s speech, Speaker Biman Banerjee denied permission to move the adjournment motion.
The LF members staged the walkout shouting slogans against alleged horse-trading of MLAs during the recent Rajya Sabha elections.
Accusing the state government of trying to draw a rosy picture about the law and order situation in the state, both the opposition Congress and the Left Front lashed out at the Governor`s speech provided by the state government.
"We all know the state government provides the speech and the Governor reads it out. The speech only lauds the law and order situation in the state. What about rising incidents of crime against women and the violent incidents during the recent panchayat elections?" said Mohammed Sohrab, the leader of the Congress legislature party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29