Left Front members stage walkout in Assembly
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front on Wednesday staged a walkout in the state Assembly when the Speaker did not allow an adjournment motion moved by the Leader of Opposition seeking discussion on law and order situation in West Bengal.
Citing that the Opposition has already been alloted time to discuss on the law and order situation during the debate on the Governor`s speech, Speaker Biman Banerjee denied permission to move the adjournment motion.
The LF members staged the walkout shouting slogans against alleged horse-trading of MLAs during the recent Rajya Sabha elections.
Accusing the state government of trying to draw a rosy picture about the law and order situation in the state, both the opposition Congress and the Left Front lashed out at the Governor`s speech provided by the state government.
"We all know the state government provides the speech and the Governor reads it out. The speech only lauds the law and order situation in the state. What about rising incidents of crime against women and the violent incidents during the recent panchayat elections?" said Mohammed Sohrab, the leader of the Congress legislature party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore