Left Front members walk out from West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Left Front members led by CPI(M) on Friday staged a walkout from the Assembly as soon as the morning session started demanding a statement from Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee regarding her party MP Tapas Pal`s derogatory remarks on women.
Leader of Opposition Surya Kant Mishra stood up and told the Speaker that the Chief Minister, who was not present in the House, make a statement on the issue.
While the debate on Budgetary grants for the Department of Science and Technology was in progress, the Left Front members persistently shouted slogans, rushed to the well to press for their demand.
Speaker Biman Banerjee said since Tapas Pal is an MP, the Assembly has no relevance in the matter.
The LF members then staged a walkout after the pandemonium which lasted for over an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof