Left Front needs `ruthless self-introspection`: RSP
Kolkata: A day after the ruling Left Front
observed 33 years of uninterrupted rule in West Bengal, a
senior leader and minister today said it has lost touch with
the people who wanted change, while a key partner criticised
"The Front has remained in power for long. Now, people
want a change. Earlier, only a handful clamoured for change in
the guard. Now the demand has become widespread," RSP leader
and PWD Minister Kshiti Goswami said while calling for
Goswami, who has criticised Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee and his party the CPI(M) on earlier occasions,
said, "We must find out why we are becoming unacceptable to
the people. Front activists right, from leaders to the
workers, will have to analyse the reasons."
Stating that it was immaterial whether the Left Front
returned to power in coming assembly elections, he said, it
was more important for Left parties to continue their struggle
for social change.
"They are carrying out their struggle in many places
in the country where they are not in power. Therefore, it is
no cause for disappointment," he told reporters.
Veteran AIFB leader Ashok Ghosh speaking at the 71st
foundation day of the party said, "Left unity cannot be forged
only by passing resolution in Alimudding Street (state CPIM
headquarters) or by occasionally convening a Left Front
meeting at the district level. Left unity has to be
strengthened from grassroot level to the top."
Speaking in same vein, party All India general
secretary Debabrata Biswas said, "We have to sit together, not
only in Alimudding street, but in the districts. We have to
reach out to the people through struggle."
Stating that 33 years of uninterrupted rule had
gradually led to deviations and lapses among the Left workers,
he said his party has identified the weaknesses and has taken
steps to strengthen the organisation.
In an obvious reference to the defeat of the Left
Front in successive elections in the state, Ghosh said both
the LF and LF government had to jointly implement programmes
for the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe