Left issues charge sheet against Mamata government
Kolkata: Accusing the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress regime in West Bengal of forcing an "Emergency-like situation" in the state, the opposition Left Front on Sunday issued a "charge sheet" against it alleging the ruling party had brought in only anarchy and dictatorship.
"We want to issue a charge sheet against the Trinamoool government. This present state government doesn`t have the constitutional right to implement Emergency in the state, but has forced in a similar situation," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Surjya Kanta Mishra said while addressing a rally here.
"The government led by the Chief Minister has brought in dictatorship and anarchy in the state. She always tries to evade the Assembly, specially the Question Hour, whenever the Opposition tries to ask questions," he said.
Hinting at incarcerated Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh for his alleged links with the Saradha group and its ponzi scheme, the CPI(M) Politburo member said the Trinamool has to answer who siphoned off huge amount of money laundered by the group.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose also took a dig at alleged horse-trading during the recent Rajya Sabha elections, where three LF and two Congress MLAs switched over to the TMC and voted in favour of them.
"Trinamool propagates they are a symbol of honesty. What honesty? We had seen their version of honesty during the Rajya Sabha elections where money was used to buy opposition MLAs so that their candidate can win," Bose said in his address.
"With every passing day the state is sliding backwards. We are now number one only in molestation and rape. We don`t want to be number one for all the wrong reasons," he said.
Former West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, while addressing the rally accused the state government of bringing in a rule of hooligans in the state.
"In every part of the state hooligans are having the last word. Much propaganda was made about Singur and Nandigram. The people of the state are now witnessing the truth behind Singur and Nandigram," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack