Left meeting Mamata an excuse to protect political future: BJP
Kolkata: The BJP in West Bengal today alleged that the meeting between Left Front chairman Biman Bose and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was an excuse to protect their political future from the BJP.
"Attacks on political workers was an excuse. The reality is that the TMC and CPI(M) are trying to protect themselves from the BJP," state BJP president Rahul Sinha told reporters here.
He said that the CPI(M) and Trinamool were now working together to maintain their rule in the state.
"This government is also working on the CPI(M) model in all respects," Sinha said.
A Left delegation had yesterday called on the chief minister to draw her attention to the continuing attack on Left activists since the run-up to the Lok Sabha election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player