Left meeting Mamata an excuse to protect political future: BJP
Kolkata: The BJP in West Bengal today alleged that the meeting between Left Front chairman Biman Bose and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was an excuse to protect their political future from the BJP.
"Attacks on political workers was an excuse. The reality is that the TMC and CPI(M) are trying to protect themselves from the BJP," state BJP president Rahul Sinha told reporters here.
He said that the CPI(M) and Trinamool were now working together to maintain their rule in the state.
"This government is also working on the CPI(M) model in all respects," Sinha said.
A Left delegation had yesterday called on the chief minister to draw her attention to the continuing attack on Left activists since the run-up to the Lok Sabha election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened