Left not to tolerate Trinamool terror: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Accusing the TMC-led ruling government of creating terror by perpetrating "revenge attacks" on the Left workers, former state chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Thursday called for reorganising the Left party bases "to accept such challenges".
"We have to accept the challenge and re-strengthen our organisations with a renewed vigour and we will never surrender under any circumstances," Bhattacharjee said here at a rally of Left student and youth organisations.
"We have to resist all armed attacks on left students, youth and workers in an organised way across the state and it is time that you stand against armed and revenge attacks on left workers," the CPI(M) Politburo member said.
In a hard-hitting speech, he said, "Everyone knows how this state government has been functioning. It is a matter of serious concern that no annual budget was placed in the state Assembly and no one knows how the financial provisions will be made to keep the system going."
Bhattacharjee alleged that Trinamool Congress workers were imposing fines on left activists, threatening them to pay or leave their area in East and West Midnapore, Hooghly and Burdwan districts, in particular.
He said that ever since the transition of power in the state, there had been series of attacks on the houses of left workers.
"Many have been injured and some even killed. Left party offices were damaged, and occupied in an environment of terror all over the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city