Left questions Mamata`s claims of development after reshuffle
Kolkata: West Bengal`s opposition Left Front Thursday questioned the Trinamool Congress government`s claims of development in the wake of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee replacing Partha Chatterjee as the industries and commerce minister in a cabinet reshuffle.
"She (Banerjee) has been repeatedly claiming that her government has completed almost 100 percent of all its commitments. But now, she has replaced the industries minister saying no work has been done. I wonder which of her claims is true," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told media persons here.
The industries and commerce portfolio was handed over to Finance Minister Amit Mitra during a major cabinet reshuffle which came days after Banerjee pulled up her "non-performing" ministers during a closed door meeting Dec 20.
The chief minister though attributed the change in guard towards lessening the burden of Chatterjee who had been handling too many responsibilities - both as a minister and the party`s secretary general.
"The state government has been clamouring to have brought a deluge of industrial projects in the state. Organising meetings with corporate honchos and industrialists, the government claimed to have revived industrialization, if it is so, then why change the minister," said Bose.
"During the (Dec 20) meeting she reportedly gave a big zero to the industry minister. I wonder how a department which got a zero brought a deluge of industrial projects. The people are observing everything," added Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof