Left sniffs conspiracy to malign Justice Ganguly
Kolkata: Hinting that the present case of sexual harassment against retired Supreme Court Judge Ashok Ganguly may be an attempt to corner him, West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Thursday said attempts have been made to malign Ganguly since the day he delivered the 2G verdict.
"Since the day he (Justice (retd) Ganguly) delivered the 2G verdict, which had hit the interests of corporate houses and various people in the government, attempts have been made to malign him," Bose said during a press conference here.
"The matter is a severe one. The corporate lobby were infuriated over the 2G verdict, I can`t say whether this is a part of it or he is being framed," Bose said.
Justice Ganguly has written an eight-page letter to Chief Justice of India P Sathasivam, denying he had sexually harassed the intern and alleged there was a "palpable design" to malign him because of the judgements he had given against "powerful quarters".
Justice Ganguly has also refused to step down as chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27