Left thanks Mamata on Netaji birth anniv issue
Kolkata: The Left Front has thanked West
Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the state
government`s decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose jointly with the Kendriya Netaji
Jayanti committee on January 23.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Left Front chairman and
CPI(M) West Bengal secretary Biman Bose said "I thank you for
the state government`s decision after I came to know from
veteran Forward Bloc leader Ashok Ghosh."
"Hope the state government will observe in a befitting
manner Netaji birth anniversary as Deshpran Diwas as before as
a mark of tribute to his historic sacrifice and leadership,"
The Left Front chairman also urged the Chief Minister to
impress upon the Prime Minister to declare observance of
Netaji birthday as "Deshpran Diwas" nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city