Left thanks Mamata on Netaji birth anniv issue
Kolkata: The Left Front has thanked West
Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the state
government`s decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose jointly with the Kendriya Netaji
Jayanti committee on January 23.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Left Front chairman and
CPI(M) West Bengal secretary Biman Bose said "I thank you for
the state government`s decision after I came to know from
veteran Forward Bloc leader Ashok Ghosh."
"Hope the state government will observe in a befitting
manner Netaji birth anniversary as Deshpran Diwas as before as
a mark of tribute to his historic sacrifice and leadership,"
The Left Front chairman also urged the Chief Minister to
impress upon the Prime Minister to declare observance of
Netaji birthday as "Deshpran Diwas" nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried