Left thanks Mamata on Netaji birth anniv issue
Kolkata: The Left Front has thanked West
Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the state
government`s decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose jointly with the Kendriya Netaji
Jayanti committee on January 23.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Left Front chairman and
CPI(M) West Bengal secretary Biman Bose said "I thank you for
the state government`s decision after I came to know from
veteran Forward Bloc leader Ashok Ghosh."
"Hope the state government will observe in a befitting
manner Netaji birth anniversary as Deshpran Diwas as before as
a mark of tribute to his historic sacrifice and leadership,"
The Left Front chairman also urged the Chief Minister to
impress upon the Prime Minister to declare observance of
Netaji birthday as "Deshpran Diwas" nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth