Left thanks Mamata on Netaji birth anniv issue
Kolkata: The Left Front has thanked West
Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the state
government`s decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose jointly with the Kendriya Netaji
Jayanti committee on January 23.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Left Front chairman and
CPI(M) West Bengal secretary Biman Bose said "I thank you for
the state government`s decision after I came to know from
veteran Forward Bloc leader Ashok Ghosh."
"Hope the state government will observe in a befitting
manner Netaji birth anniversary as Deshpran Diwas as before as
a mark of tribute to his historic sacrifice and leadership,"
The Left Front chairman also urged the Chief Minister to
impress upon the Prime Minister to declare observance of
Netaji birthday as "Deshpran Diwas" nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof