Left will not intervene in hung Malda zilla parishad: Biman
Kolkata: The Left Front would not intervene in the hung Malda zilla parishad in West Bengal and would support independents in hung gram panchayat and panchayat samities instead of the Trinamool Congress, Congress and the BJP.
Speaking about the hung Malda zilla parishad, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said today that the LF had won 16 seats as also the Congress, with the TMC bagging six.
"The combined vote share of the Congress and TMC in Malda is greater than the Left if voting takes place," he said speculating that the Congress and TMC might forge an alliance to take control of the zilla parishad.
Bose also said that the Left Front had decided that in cases of hung panchayat samities and gram panchayats, the Left would not seek the support of TMC, Congress or BJP, but might support genuine independents who won.
"We have instructed district Left Front committees to assess the ground reality and look into the matter of supporting genuine independents who do not have any political background," Bose said.
He said that before the panchayat elections, the people had been urged to support genuine independents where the Left could not field candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday