LF demands Hakim`s removal in `interest` of Garden Reach probe
Kolkata: The opposition Left Front today demanded immediate removal of West Bengal minister Firhad Hakim in the interest of investigations into the Garden Reach violence in which a police officer was killed last week.
"There is clear and proven involvement of the minister in the Garden Reach violence as is evident from TV footage," Front chairman Biman Bose said after a Left Front meeting.
"The minister should be immediately removed from the state cabinet in the interest of the inquiry," he said.
He alleged that the Trinamool Congress student wing triggered the violence at Garden Reach on February 12.
Front constituents have also criticised the state government for allegedly "misusing" the police and "false campaigns" against the 48-hour nationwide strike called by central trade unions, he said.
"Despite the propaganda of the state government, the strike was successful in the state," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie