LF election campaign gets support from cultural brigade
Kolkata: Leftist and progressive cultural
organisations have pitched in for Left Front candidates in a big way in the upcoming Assembly elections, churning out music albums, dramas, folk dances, audio albums, videos and others.
One of these organisations, 69-year-old Indian People`s
Theatre Association, popularly known as Bhartiya Gananatya
Sangha, has been in great demand for giving a cultural thrust
to the LF`s campaign in urban and rural areas.
The Association`s West Bengal state committee recently released an audio album `Amader Nei Bhoy` (We have no fear) in support of LF candidates.
On the eve of the LF`s Brigade Parade Ground rally
recently, it had composed a song based on the theme that an
eighth LF government was a certainty.
Similarly, West Bengal Adivasi and Lokshilpi Sangha has
also brought out an audio album `Astyam Agamani` heralding the
return of the LF government.
Some of the songs in the album referred to an `unholy
nexus` between the Congress, the Trinamool Congress and the
Maoists. `Samukh Pane` (Ahead) is one such song composed by
IPTA`s Haldia Muktadhara unit highlighting the Front`s future
plans and programmes.
A documentary film was also made by Arunabha Ganguly,
attached with a Leftist organisation, based on the surrendered
Maoist woman leader Sobha Mandi`s diary.
Another documentary film titled `Ashanta Samay`
(Turbulent times) has been made by IPTA`s Hooghly district
Sometime back a DVD was released at the CPI-M
headquarters titled `No Pasaran` (They shall not pass), based
on slogans coined by the Communist party of Spain during the
Spanish civil war.
The theme of the DVD was the Maoist violence in
Jangalmahal, alleging that the ultras with the assistance of
Trinamool Congress and the Congress had killed hundreds of
CPI-M workers, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'