LF members walk out of Assembly, WB govt says LF adamant
Kolkata: Left Front members today walked out of the West Bengal Assembly demanding revocation of the suspension on three CPI(M) MLAs saying that they would not apologise or attend the House, as the West Bengal government termed it as an `adamant` stand.
Speaker Biman Banerjee who had suspended CPI(M) members, Nazmul Haq, Sushanta Besra and Amjad Hossain for unruly behaviour yesterday after the ruling Trinamool Congress and opposition CPI(M) members scuffled and traded blows in the House, said as the suspended members did not apologise he could not revoke the suspension on his own.
He said "a motion would have to be moved under ruling 348 of the assembly rules to know the sense of the house."
Banerjee suggested an all-party meeting be held before the business advisory meet which was rejected by the Left Front members.
"They are adamant in their stand of not apologising to the Speaker for reconsideration of the suspension order on three CPI(M) MLAs. They seem to have taken a political decision," Parliamentary Affairs minister Partha Chatterjee later told reporters.
Describing the violence as shocking and undesirable, Chatterjee said "Prestige of the house has been shattered. Lets restore its glory."
Leader of Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) told newspersons "We will carry on with our demonstration outside the House till the suspensions are revoked and action taken against the attackers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof