LF members walk out of Assembly, WB govt says LF adamant
Kolkata: Left Front members today walked out of the West Bengal Assembly demanding revocation of the suspension on three CPI(M) MLAs saying that they would not apologise or attend the House, as the West Bengal government termed it as an `adamant` stand.
Speaker Biman Banerjee who had suspended CPI(M) members, Nazmul Haq, Sushanta Besra and Amjad Hossain for unruly behaviour yesterday after the ruling Trinamool Congress and opposition CPI(M) members scuffled and traded blows in the House, said as the suspended members did not apologise he could not revoke the suspension on his own.
He said "a motion would have to be moved under ruling 348 of the assembly rules to know the sense of the house."
Banerjee suggested an all-party meeting be held before the business advisory meet which was rejected by the Left Front members.
"They are adamant in their stand of not apologising to the Speaker for reconsideration of the suspension order on three CPI(M) MLAs. They seem to have taken a political decision," Parliamentary Affairs minister Partha Chatterjee later told reporters.
Describing the violence as shocking and undesirable, Chatterjee said "Prestige of the house has been shattered. Lets restore its glory."
Leader of Opposition Suryakanta Mishra belonging to the CPI(M) told newspersons "We will carry on with our demonstration outside the House till the suspensions are revoked and action taken against the attackers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand