LF members walkout of Assembly on Saradha ponzi scam issue
Kolkata: The Opposition Left Front legislators staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly here on Tuesday protesting against the Speaker`s refusal to allow an adjournment motion sought by them for discussion on the multi-crore Saradha group ponzi scam.
The House witnessed loud protests by the Left Front members after Speaker Biman Banerjeee rejected their plea soon after the question hour was over, saying the state government had already set up a commission of inquiry on the Saradha scam and the police was probing the matter.
Amid noisy scenes, the Left Front legislators were heard saying those whose names have cropped up in connection with the scam should be interrogated.
"Kunal Janey (Kunal Ghosh knows)," some of the Left members were heard saying amidst the din.
The agitating Left Front MLAs holding placards, which contained the demand for a CBI inquiry in the Saradha group ponzi scam, subsequently walked out of the House only to return after a short while during the mention hour and raise the issue again.
With the LF members continuing with their loud protests, deputy speaker Sonali Guha who was in the Chair, adjourned the House for recess.
A day after suspended Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh was arrested on charges of being allegedly involved in the Saradha scam, the CPI(M) had on Sunday last demanded a Supreme Court monitored CBI probe into the scam.
Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy had said on Saturday last "the law would take its own course. We have no agenda and no one is above the law".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic