LF members walkout of Assembly on Saradha ponzi scam issue
Kolkata: The Opposition Left Front legislators staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly here on Tuesday protesting against the Speaker`s refusal to allow an adjournment motion sought by them for discussion on the multi-crore Saradha group ponzi scam.
The House witnessed loud protests by the Left Front members after Speaker Biman Banerjeee rejected their plea soon after the question hour was over, saying the state government had already set up a commission of inquiry on the Saradha scam and the police was probing the matter.
Amid noisy scenes, the Left Front legislators were heard saying those whose names have cropped up in connection with the scam should be interrogated.
"Kunal Janey (Kunal Ghosh knows)," some of the Left members were heard saying amidst the din.
The agitating Left Front MLAs holding placards, which contained the demand for a CBI inquiry in the Saradha group ponzi scam, subsequently walked out of the House only to return after a short while during the mention hour and raise the issue again.
With the LF members continuing with their loud protests, deputy speaker Sonali Guha who was in the Chair, adjourned the House for recess.
A day after suspended Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh was arrested on charges of being allegedly involved in the Saradha scam, the CPI(M) had on Sunday last demanded a Supreme Court monitored CBI probe into the scam.
Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy had said on Saturday last "the law would take its own course. We have no agenda and no one is above the law".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble