LF stages walk-out, Congress boycott continues in West Bengal Assembly
Kolkata: Left Front staged a walk out from the West Bengal Assembly on Monday when Speaker Biman Banerjee refused a Forward Bloc member to read out an adjournment motion on the attack on senior party member Naren De and former MLA Ajit Patra.
Trouble broke out when AIFB member Tajmul Hossain after the Question Hour session sought adjournment of the House and the Speaker`s permission to read out a motion in this regard.
Although the Speaker allowed him to read it out initially, pandemonium broke out as his mike was switched off and both LF and Trinamool MLAs started shouting against each other.
Shortly afterwards, LF MLAs staged a walk out from the House.
Congress members continued their boycott of the Assembly.
Later, Forward Bloc member Paresh Adhikary told reporters that De, an ex-minister, and Patra had been attacked by TMC-backed activists and demanded immediate arrest of the culprits.
De received severe injuries in his eyes and he would have to be shifted to a city hospital, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday