LF to make `conspiracy angle` centre of poll campaign
Kolkata: West Bengal`s ruling Left Front
will highlight the alleged 1995 Purulia armsdrop `conspiracy`
against its government as the main plank of its campaign in
the remaining three phases of the assembly election.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said in a statement today
that the district units had been asked to project the armsdrop
`conspiracy` angle in their areas where elections had not been
held and also where they had been held.
``Rallies and street meetings will be organised today
and tomorrow all over the state by the Left Front protesting
against the conspiracy to oust the Front government and
demanding probe to unravel the face of the conspirators,``
Referring to the media expose of the `conspiracy`, Bose
said the propose of the operation was aimed at `dislodging`
the Front government in West Bengal.
``The arms were dropped for supplying to the Anandamargis
to wage a violent movement against the CPI-M and the new
expose revealed that the Centre was in the knowledge of the
conspiracy as well as the Indian intelligence,`` Bose said.
Bose alleged that leaders of the ruling Congress at the
Centre were `involved` in the anti-Left Front conspiracy at
that time `and the purpose was to remove the
democratically-elected Front government and impose President`s
rule in the state`.
``Concerted attempts are still being made by internal
and foreign forces to dislodge the Left Front government in
West Bengal,`` he claimed.
Bose demanded an immediate judicial enquiry to find out
the people involved in hatching the conspiracy and urged front
workers to organise rallies and meetings all over the state on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof