LF to make `conspiracy angle` centre of poll campaign
Kolkata: West Bengal`s ruling Left Front
will highlight the alleged 1995 Purulia armsdrop `conspiracy`
against its government as the main plank of its campaign in
the remaining three phases of the assembly election.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said in a statement today
that the district units had been asked to project the armsdrop
`conspiracy` angle in their areas where elections had not been
held and also where they had been held.
``Rallies and street meetings will be organised today
and tomorrow all over the state by the Left Front protesting
against the conspiracy to oust the Front government and
demanding probe to unravel the face of the conspirators,``
Referring to the media expose of the `conspiracy`, Bose
said the propose of the operation was aimed at `dislodging`
the Front government in West Bengal.
``The arms were dropped for supplying to the Anandamargis
to wage a violent movement against the CPI-M and the new
expose revealed that the Centre was in the knowledge of the
conspiracy as well as the Indian intelligence,`` Bose said.
Bose alleged that leaders of the ruling Congress at the
Centre were `involved` in the anti-Left Front conspiracy at
that time `and the purpose was to remove the
democratically-elected Front government and impose President`s
rule in the state`.
``Concerted attempts are still being made by internal
and foreign forces to dislodge the Left Front government in
West Bengal,`` he claimed.
Bose demanded an immediate judicial enquiry to find out
the people involved in hatching the conspiracy and urged front
workers to organise rallies and meetings all over the state on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now