Like-minded parties need to capture power at Centre: Mamata
Agartala: Claiming that Congress was in "coma" and BJP would be unable to form the government after Lok Sabha elections, Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said it was time for "like-minded forces" to capture power at the Centre.
"In the national scenario, Congress is in coma and BJP alone cannot form government. So, we have to unite like-minded forces and capture the power in the Centre," Banerjee, who had earlier given a call for a federal front, said launching her party`s campaign for the parliamentary polls in Left Front- ruled Tripura.
"While fighting alone with small friends we have achieve our goal," the West Bengal Chief Minister said, apparently referring to her party alliance with Jharkhand People`s Party yesterday.
"The Trinammol Congress must be a decisive force at the Centre and we have to capture power to protect the interests of the people," she said.
Criticising the division of Andhra Pradesh, she said it was possible because Congress and BJP were united on the issue.
"They made a syndicate and divided Andhra Pradesh despite our opposition. Some autonomy could be given to them, but dividing a state is unjust," she said.
Mentioning that a wave of change had come and power had to be captured in Delhi, Banerjee said that the interests of states, especially the neglected North-East and West Bengal, had to be protected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state