Local train derails, no casualty in Kolkata
Scores of passengers had a narrow escape when compartments of a local train derailed at Ballygunge station here, disrupting suburban rail services.
The train was moving at a very slow speed as it was crossing lines and entering the station, thus reducing the chance of casualty.
Eastern Railway officials, could not be contacted.
Services from Sealdah South station in several routes to Canning, Budge Budge, Laxmikantapur, Namkhana and Diamond Harbour were affected due to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days