Local train derails, no casualty in Kolkata
Scores of passengers had a narrow escape when compartments of a local train derailed at Ballygunge station here, disrupting suburban rail services.
The train was moving at a very slow speed as it was crossing lines and entering the station, thus reducing the chance of casualty.
Eastern Railway officials, could not be contacted.
Services from Sealdah South station in several routes to Canning, Budge Budge, Laxmikantapur, Namkhana and Diamond Harbour were affected due to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj