Local trains collide head-on in Bengal
Kolkata: A train driver was among those
injured when two local trains collided head on at
Fulia station on the Krishnanagar-Shantipur section in West
Bengal on Saturday.
The accident took place when the Shantipur-Sealdah local
which was coming from the opposite direction hit the
stationary Sealdah-Shantipur local train waiting at the number
2 platform of the Fulia station, Eastern Railway CPRO Samir
The driver of the Shantipur-Sealdah train appeared to
have disregarded the red signal causing the accident leaving
some passengers including the driver of the other train
injured, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'