Lok Sabha aspirant`s marriage on hold due to LS polls
Kolkata: The date and venue of his marriage was fixed but now the young Lok Sabha candidate of Trinamool Congress is waiting for the elections to be over so that he can enter into wedlock with his beloved.
In March, when Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee announced the candidature of 34-year-old Saumitra Khan from Bishnupur seat, he felt his hard work had paid off but was a little disappointed as the polls clashed with his marriage date.
"I didn`t know that my name figured in the list. We had made all arrangements for the marriage but then it had to be postponed," Khan told PTI.
He was a Congress MLA from Bankura`s Kotulpur who had switched sides to the ruling Trinamool Congress last December.
Khan said his parents had fixed an April date for his marriage in Bankura, but polling in the constituency is scheduled on May 7.
"So we had no option but to postpone the marriage after elections," he said shyly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29