Lok Sabha aspirant`s marriage on hold due to LS polls
Kolkata: The date and venue of his marriage was fixed but now the young Lok Sabha candidate of Trinamool Congress is waiting for the elections to be over so that he can enter into wedlock with his beloved.
In March, when Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee announced the candidature of 34-year-old Saumitra Khan from Bishnupur seat, he felt his hard work had paid off but was a little disappointed as the polls clashed with his marriage date.
"I didn`t know that my name figured in the list. We had made all arrangements for the marriage but then it had to be postponed," Khan told PTI.
He was a Congress MLA from Bankura`s Kotulpur who had switched sides to the ruling Trinamool Congress last December.
Khan said his parents had fixed an April date for his marriage in Bankura, but polling in the constituency is scheduled on May 7.
"So we had no option but to postpone the marriage after elections," he said shyly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report