Lok Sabha aspirant`s marriage on hold due to LS polls
Kolkata: The date and venue of his marriage was fixed but now the young Lok Sabha candidate of Trinamool Congress is waiting for the elections to be over so that he can enter into wedlock with his beloved.
In March, when Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee announced the candidature of 34-year-old Saumitra Khan from Bishnupur seat, he felt his hard work had paid off but was a little disappointed as the polls clashed with his marriage date.
"I didn`t know that my name figured in the list. We had made all arrangements for the marriage but then it had to be postponed," Khan told PTI.
He was a Congress MLA from Bankura`s Kotulpur who had switched sides to the ruling Trinamool Congress last December.
Khan said his parents had fixed an April date for his marriage in Bankura, but polling in the constituency is scheduled on May 7.
"So we had no option but to postpone the marriage after elections," he said shyly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan