Lok Sabha poll will be ahead of schedule: Mamata
Kulpi: Mamata Banerjee, who recently mooted the idea of a Federal Front of non-Congress and non-BJP regional parties, today predicted that the next Lok Sabha poll would be held ahead of schedule and expressed confidence that regional parties would form the government.
"The UPA government will go in three to four month`s time and regional parties will form the government at the Centre after the next Lok Sabha election. The ruling coalition will decide how the states would run," Banerjee told a panchayat election rally here in South 24-Paraganas district.
Accusing the UPA government of discriminating against the state, she said the Centre was deducting Rs 25,000 crore from the state for the 2.5 lakh loans taken by the previous government.
"Why should we pay Rs 25,000 crore as interest payment for the loan taken by the previous government? Why did the Centre allow the previous Left Front government to take such a huge amount of loan. When the next government will come we will stop making such payment and create 10 lakh jobs instead.
Continuing to slam a section of the media including some local TV news channels for spreading canards against her government, she said, "They are targeting me because I come from a ordinary family".
With her government coming under attack from the intellectuals, opposition and the media for the rising rape incidents in the state, she said, "Two or three incidents (rape) have happened which are unfortunate. But my government has swiftly taken action."
"In Malda, the (rape) incident happened in April and my government got the culprits charge sheeted in 27 days. This is called good governance. This is paribartan (change)."
Referring to the Barasat rape and murder, she said, "The Barasat incident is tragic, but we arrested the accused within 24 hours. My government has done its bit."
Attacking a section of the media and her critics for "blowing things out of proportion", she asked the women who came in large numbers to listen to her whether they felt safe. The women responded immediately with a big "yes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'