Lookout notice for 3 absconding AMRI directors
Kolkata: A lookout notice for three
absconding directors of the fire-signed AMRI Hospital is under
process after the Chief Judicial Magistrate`s Court, Alipore
issued arrest warrants against them recently, a top police
official said on Wednesday.
"None of these three directors have surrendered yet. The
matter relating to issuing of lookout notice for them is now
under process to alert different airports and railway stations
across the country," Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime)
Damayanti Sen said.
The three are absconding since the devastating fire at
AMRI Hospital, Dhakuria on December 9.
The arrest warrants were issued by the court last Sunday
against Aditya Agarwal, Rahul Todi and Preeti Surekha
following a prayer by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) on
Scrutiny of minutes of the board meeting of the hospital,
seized by the police, revealed how these three absconding
directors were involved with various decision making process,
city police sources said.
Of the nine persons arrested in connection with the
disaster that claimed 93 lives, the police arrested seven
directors of the AMRI Hospital initially, followed by the
arrest of two of its officials later on.
The six arrested directors S K Todi, R S Goenka, Prashant
Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand Agarwal who
mainly faced charges of culpable homicide not amounting to
murder and negligence were further remanded in police custody
by the court till December 23. They had earlier been remanded
till December 20.
The two arrested officials of the hospital S Upadhyay,
senior Vice President and Safety Committee Chairman, and
Sanjib Pal, administrative officer of the hospital, who were
produced later before the court, had also been separately
remanded in police custody till December 23.
Another arrested Director R S Agarwal is still admitted
in a city hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling