Madan hopeful for early solution to Gorkhaland issue
Siliguri: Lt Gen (retd) Vijay Madan, the
Interlocutor for talks on the Gorkhaland issue said he was
hopeful of an early solution to the Gorkhaland issue as both
the West Bengal government and the Centre were sincere on the
issue and their initiatives were on the `right direction`.
Lt Gen Madan told reporters here that he would hold talks
with the GJM leadership within a day or two and discuss
different points relevant to the next round of political level
talks scheduled in the middle of next month.
Though he did not elaborate the exact situation of
talks at the moment, Madan said that the very purpose of his
visit to Darjeeling hills was to elaborate the strategies of
both the state and the Centre on the demand of Gorkhaland to
make the May tripartite talks fruitful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!