Madan hopeful for early solution to Gorkhaland issue
Siliguri: Lt Gen (retd) Vijay Madan, the
Interlocutor for talks on the Gorkhaland issue said he was
hopeful of an early solution to the Gorkhaland issue as both
the West Bengal government and the Centre were sincere on the
issue and their initiatives were on the `right direction`.
Lt Gen Madan told reporters here that he would hold talks
with the GJM leadership within a day or two and discuss
different points relevant to the next round of political level
talks scheduled in the middle of next month.
Though he did not elaborate the exact situation of
talks at the moment, Madan said that the very purpose of his
visit to Darjeeling hills was to elaborate the strategies of
both the state and the Centre on the demand of Gorkhaland to
make the May tripartite talks fruitful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read