Madan Tamang`s widow demands CBI inquiry into husband`s murder
Kolkata: The widow of slain Gorkha leader
Madan Tamang on Wednesday moved the Calcutta High Court demanding a
CBI probe into her husband`s murder and the alleged escape of
the main accused from CID custody.
Justice Jayanta Biswas, after hearing the prayer of
Bharati Tamang directed the West Bengal government to file an
affidavit on the plea within four weeks after the court
reopens following the Puja holidays.
Alleging inaction by the state CID which is probing the
murder, Bharati demanded CBI investigation into the case and
also into the escape of the main accused Nicol Tamang from a
fortified resort at Pintail village in Darjeeling.
Nicol, a leader of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, allegedly
escaped from CID custody on August 22, triggering speculation
that he might have been killed in custody.
Tamang was hacked to death near Planters` Club in
Darjeeling on May 21 when he was overseeing preparations for a
public rally by his party, which openly opposed the GJM, which
was dominating the statehood demand for the hills.
A cell phone belonging to Nicol had been recovered from
the crime spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune