Madhyamik examinees injured, CM makes special arrangement in WB
Kolkata: The driver was killed and at least seven students appearing in the ongoing Madhyamik Examination were injured when their vehicle overtured after hitting a tree at Khejuri in East Midnapore district on Friday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
She told reporters at the new state secretariat that she had immediately directed the district administration and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education to arrange for examination of the injured students at a local hospital where they were admitted.
She said that the secondary board had been asked to make special arrangement for a seriously injured student who would take the test after he recovered.
She also directed that the school board make special arrangement in future for those injured in similar circumstances. "Since students have no fault in such cases, we must ensure their careers are not affected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok