Madhyamik examinees injured, CM makes special arrangement in WB
Kolkata: The driver was killed and at least seven students appearing in the ongoing Madhyamik Examination were injured when their vehicle overtured after hitting a tree at Khejuri in East Midnapore district on Friday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
She told reporters at the new state secretariat that she had immediately directed the district administration and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education to arrange for examination of the injured students at a local hospital where they were admitted.
She said that the secondary board had been asked to make special arrangement for a seriously injured student who would take the test after he recovered.
She also directed that the school board make special arrangement in future for those injured in similar circumstances. "Since students have no fault in such cases, we must ensure their careers are not affected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery