Madhyamik examinees injured, CM makes special arrangement in WB
Kolkata: The driver was killed and at least seven students appearing in the ongoing Madhyamik Examination were injured when their vehicle overtured after hitting a tree at Khejuri in East Midnapore district on Friday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
She told reporters at the new state secretariat that she had immediately directed the district administration and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education to arrange for examination of the injured students at a local hospital where they were admitted.
She said that the secondary board had been asked to make special arrangement for a seriously injured student who would take the test after he recovered.
She also directed that the school board make special arrangement in future for those injured in similar circumstances. "Since students have no fault in such cases, we must ensure their careers are not affected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record