Madhyamik examinees injured, CM makes special arrangement in WB
Kolkata: The driver was killed and at least seven students appearing in the ongoing Madhyamik Examination were injured when their vehicle overtured after hitting a tree at Khejuri in East Midnapore district on Friday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
She told reporters at the new state secretariat that she had immediately directed the district administration and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education to arrange for examination of the injured students at a local hospital where they were admitted.
She said that the secondary board had been asked to make special arrangement for a seriously injured student who would take the test after he recovered.
She also directed that the school board make special arrangement in future for those injured in similar circumstances. "Since students have no fault in such cases, we must ensure their careers are not affected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue