Madhyamik examinees injured, CM makes special arrangement in WB
Kolkata: The driver was killed and at least seven students appearing in the ongoing Madhyamik Examination were injured when their vehicle overtured after hitting a tree at Khejuri in East Midnapore district on Friday, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said.
She told reporters at the new state secretariat that she had immediately directed the district administration and the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education to arrange for examination of the injured students at a local hospital where they were admitted.
She said that the secondary board had been asked to make special arrangement for a seriously injured student who would take the test after he recovered.
She also directed that the school board make special arrangement in future for those injured in similar circumstances. "Since students have no fault in such cases, we must ensure their careers are not affected."
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!