Mahesweta Devi asked ticket for foster daughter: BJP; writer denies
Kolkata: BJP on Monday claimed that Magsaysay award winning writer Mahesweta Devi had asked for a Lok Sabha ticket for her foster daughter from north Bengal, but the author denied having made such a request.
"On Monday Mahesweta Devi called me up and requested if BJP can give a ticket to her foster daughter Anjali Orao to fight the Lok Sabha polls from North Bengal. I told her that we have already sent the names to Delhi," party state president Rahul Sinha claimed.
When contacted, Devi said, "Why he is making such a claim only he can answer. I have not said any such thing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill