Mahesweta Devi asked ticket for foster daughter: BJP; writer denies
Kolkata: BJP on Monday claimed that Magsaysay award winning writer Mahesweta Devi had asked for a Lok Sabha ticket for her foster daughter from north Bengal, but the author denied having made such a request.
"On Monday Mahesweta Devi called me up and requested if BJP can give a ticket to her foster daughter Anjali Orao to fight the Lok Sabha polls from North Bengal. I told her that we have already sent the names to Delhi," party state president Rahul Sinha claimed.
When contacted, Devi said, "Why he is making such a claim only he can answer. I have not said any such thing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16