Mahesweta Devi asked ticket for foster daughter: BJP; writer denies
Kolkata: BJP on Monday claimed that Magsaysay award winning writer Mahesweta Devi had asked for a Lok Sabha ticket for her foster daughter from north Bengal, but the author denied having made such a request.
"On Monday Mahesweta Devi called me up and requested if BJP can give a ticket to her foster daughter Anjali Orao to fight the Lok Sabha polls from North Bengal. I told her that we have already sent the names to Delhi," party state president Rahul Sinha claimed.
When contacted, Devi said, "Why he is making such a claim only he can answer. I have not said any such thing," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!