Major fire in electronic goods shop

A major fire broke out in an electronic goods shop in Chandni Chowk market area in the city and the fire services department rushed 12 fire tenders.

Updated: Oct 20, 2011, 19:13 PM IST

Kolkata: A major fire broke out in an
electronic goods shop in Chandni Chowk market area in the
city and the fire services department rushed 12 fire tenders.

Police said firemen put out the blaze in two and a
half hours operation. One of them fell ill due to the smoke.

State fire services director Gopal Bhattacharya said
that the fire, suspected to have been caused by electrical
short circuit, spread due to stored of thermocol and
packaging boxes.

City Mayor Sobhan Chatterjee supervised the
fire-fighting operation.

` The exact cause of the fire and the extent of damage
were yet to be ascertained, the sources said.

PTI

Tags: