Malda bomb blast: 12 injured; rivalry of land mafia suspected
Malda: Altogether 12 persons, including a woman, were injured in a bomb blast at a crowded bus stand in Malda district on Tuesday evening, police said.
Three men came in a motorcycle in front of a grocery shop near Gajol bus stand at about 8 pm, hurled a bomb and fled, police said.
Twelve persons sustained splinter injuries, they said adding four of the victims were hospitalised while others were released after first aid.
It was being suspected that a group rivalry of land mafia could be behind the incident and the bomb was targeted at some persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore