Malda collision: Death toll rises to two
Malda (WB): The death toll in the train
accident near Malda rose to two on Monday with the recovery of one
more body even as efforts are on to restore train services by
Police sources said the body of the 12-year-old boy was
yet to be identified.
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision between the two yesterday.
Saying that an operation was on to clear the debris,
Railway sources hoped both up and down lines would be
operational by tonight.
Rail link between north and south Bengal has remained
snapped since the derailment took place.
Meanwhile, Eastern Railway sources said here that RP
Yadav, Commissioner of Railway Safety, Eastern Circle, Kolkata
of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, would hold a statutory
inquiry into the accident.
In order to clear the extra rush of passengers, sources
Eastern Railway will run one super fast Garib Rath Special
train from Kolkata to Guwahati today.
The condition of five out of 50 injured passengers was
said to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report