Malda collision: Death toll rises to two
Malda (WB): The death toll in the train
accident near Malda rose to two on Monday with the recovery of one
more body even as efforts are on to restore train services by
Police sources said the body of the 12-year-old boy was
yet to be identified.
Guwahati-Bengaluru Express and a passenger train derailed
after a collision between the two yesterday.
Saying that an operation was on to clear the debris,
Railway sources hoped both up and down lines would be
operational by tonight.
Rail link between north and south Bengal has remained
snapped since the derailment took place.
Meanwhile, Eastern Railway sources said here that RP
Yadav, Commissioner of Railway Safety, Eastern Circle, Kolkata
of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, would hold a statutory
inquiry into the accident.
In order to clear the extra rush of passengers, sources
Eastern Railway will run one super fast Garib Rath Special
train from Kolkata to Guwahati today.
The condition of five out of 50 injured passengers was
said to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state