Malda DM arrested for misappropriation of funds
Siliguri: The district magistrate of Malda was arrested in Siliguri on charges of misappropriation of funds during his last tenure as the CEO of Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA), police said on Saturday.
Godala Kiran Kumar was summoned yesterday to Siliguri by the police to question him on misappropriation of funds in various development works including sewerage, tender works and supply of CCTV cameras for SJDA during his tenure as CEO, Siliguri police commissioner K Jayaraman said.
The DM was subsequently arrested by the police yesterday and was produced in a fast track court here which remanded him to four days of police custody.
One of the charges against him is related to payment for installation of CCTV cameras for which the money was paid thrice, officials said.
Before taking over as the DM of Malda district, Kumar was the CEO of SJDA in 2012-13 during which the alleged misappropriation of funds took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city