Malda DM arrested for misappropriation of funds
Siliguri: The district magistrate of Malda was arrested in Siliguri on charges of misappropriation of funds during his last tenure as the CEO of Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA), police said on Saturday.
Godala Kiran Kumar was summoned yesterday to Siliguri by the police to question him on misappropriation of funds in various development works including sewerage, tender works and supply of CCTV cameras for SJDA during his tenure as CEO, Siliguri police commissioner K Jayaraman said.
The DM was subsequently arrested by the police yesterday and was produced in a fast track court here which remanded him to four days of police custody.
One of the charges against him is related to payment for installation of CCTV cameras for which the money was paid thrice, officials said.
Before taking over as the DM of Malda district, Kumar was the CEO of SJDA in 2012-13 during which the alleged misappropriation of funds took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere