Malda flood toll rises to three
Malda: The body of a person who went missing in an incident of boat-capsize in flood-bound Malda district was recovered on Tuesday.
With this, the toll in yesterday`s boat capsize incidents rose to three, official sources said.
Two members of a marriage party had drowned when the boat carrying 22 people capsised in the swollen Tangon river near Babughat at Gajole yesterday.
While 20 of them swam ashore, the body of one of them was found later.
An old woman died in yet another incident of boat capsize in Phulahar river when her family was shifting their belongings after house was inundated at Harishchandrapur, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, the water level of most of the rivers barring Mahananda was receding.
The water level of the Mahananda was rising steadily.
The water level of Ganga was constant and that of Phulahar had subsided a little, though it was flowing above the danger mark, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?