Malda flood toll rises to three
Malda: The body of a person who went missing in an incident of boat-capsize in flood-bound Malda district was recovered on Tuesday.
With this, the toll in yesterday`s boat capsize incidents rose to three, official sources said.
Two members of a marriage party had drowned when the boat carrying 22 people capsised in the swollen Tangon river near Babughat at Gajole yesterday.
While 20 of them swam ashore, the body of one of them was found later.
An old woman died in yet another incident of boat capsize in Phulahar river when her family was shifting their belongings after house was inundated at Harishchandrapur, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, the water level of most of the rivers barring Mahananda was receding.
The water level of the Mahananda was rising steadily.
The water level of Ganga was constant and that of Phulahar had subsided a little, though it was flowing above the danger mark, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued