Malda flood toll rises to three
Malda: The body of a person who went missing in an incident of boat-capsize in flood-bound Malda district was recovered on Tuesday.
With this, the toll in yesterday`s boat capsize incidents rose to three, official sources said.
Two members of a marriage party had drowned when the boat carrying 22 people capsised in the swollen Tangon river near Babughat at Gajole yesterday.
While 20 of them swam ashore, the body of one of them was found later.
An old woman died in yet another incident of boat capsize in Phulahar river when her family was shifting their belongings after house was inundated at Harishchandrapur, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, the water level of most of the rivers barring Mahananda was receding.
The water level of the Mahananda was rising steadily.
The water level of Ganga was constant and that of Phulahar had subsided a little, though it was flowing above the danger mark, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS