Malda flood toll rises to three
Malda: The body of a person who went missing in an incident of boat-capsize in flood-bound Malda district was recovered on Tuesday.
With this, the toll in yesterday`s boat capsize incidents rose to three, official sources said.
Two members of a marriage party had drowned when the boat carrying 22 people capsised in the swollen Tangon river near Babughat at Gajole yesterday.
While 20 of them swam ashore, the body of one of them was found later.
An old woman died in yet another incident of boat capsize in Phulahar river when her family was shifting their belongings after house was inundated at Harishchandrapur, Kumar said.
Meanwhile, the water level of most of the rivers barring Mahananda was receding.
The water level of the Mahananda was rising steadily.
The water level of Ganga was constant and that of Phulahar had subsided a little, though it was flowing above the danger mark, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire