Mamata absent from programme presided over by President
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday did not attend a programme presided over by President Pranab Mukherjee here.
According to the programme schedule provided by Rashtrapati Bhawan, Banerjee was to address the international conference on accountancy at the Science City on the eastern part of Kolkata, but she did not come.
The Chief Minister was also not present at the airport and a state minister received the President there on behalf of the state government.
Union Minister Sachin Pilot was also not present at the programme. Another Union Minister K Rahman Khan addressed the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice