Mamata absent from programme presided over by President
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday did not attend a programme presided over by President Pranab Mukherjee here.
According to the programme schedule provided by Rashtrapati Bhawan, Banerjee was to address the international conference on accountancy at the Science City on the eastern part of Kolkata, but she did not come.
The Chief Minister was also not present at the airport and a state minister received the President there on behalf of the state government.
Union Minister Sachin Pilot was also not present at the programme. Another Union Minister K Rahman Khan addressed the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof