Mamata accuses LF of bringing arms, goons from outside
Kolkata: On the third anniversary Sunday of
the police firing in Nandigram in East Midnapore district that
left 14 persons dead, the Trinamool Congress accused the Left
Front government of procuring arms to terrorise party
"The CPI(M)-led government is bringing arms and hired
men from outside after its defeat in the Lok Sabha elections,"
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee told a rally here.
Claiming that 210 of her party supporters and workers had
been killed since the Lok Sabha elections last year, Banerjee
said, "Terror must be stopped. I urge the people of West
Bengal to stand up against the CPI(M)`s terror tactics as
they did in Nandigram and Singur."
Condemning the police firing in Nandigram on March 14,
2007, she alleged that the victims were yet to receive justice
from the state government. "Sounds of gunshots can still be
heard in Nandigram."
Banerjee, who is also the Railway Minister, accused a
section of the media here of working to discredit her party,
saying they had worked against the agitations in Nandigram and
Urging partymen not to be provoked, she asked them to
desist from holding road blockades to protest `wrong doings`
of the Left Front government as it inconvenienced the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi