Mamata accuses LF of bringing arms, goons from outside
Kolkata: On the third anniversary Sunday of
the police firing in Nandigram in East Midnapore district that
left 14 persons dead, the Trinamool Congress accused the Left
Front government of procuring arms to terrorise party
"The CPI(M)-led government is bringing arms and hired
men from outside after its defeat in the Lok Sabha elections,"
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee told a rally here.
Claiming that 210 of her party supporters and workers had
been killed since the Lok Sabha elections last year, Banerjee
said, "Terror must be stopped. I urge the people of West
Bengal to stand up against the CPI(M)`s terror tactics as
they did in Nandigram and Singur."
Condemning the police firing in Nandigram on March 14,
2007, she alleged that the victims were yet to receive justice
from the state government. "Sounds of gunshots can still be
heard in Nandigram."
Banerjee, who is also the Railway Minister, accused a
section of the media here of working to discredit her party,
saying they had worked against the agitations in Nandigram and
Urging partymen not to be provoked, she asked them to
desist from holding road blockades to protest `wrong doings`
of the Left Front government as it inconvenienced the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer