Mamata accuses LF of closing down factories
Raina: Continuing her attack on the
Left Front government in West Bengal, Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said the CPI(M) had taken away jobs by
closing down factories.
"I tell you that CPI(M) has taken away lakhs of jobs
by closing down factories," Banerjee told an election rally
here in Burdwan district, parts of which go to Assembly polls
on May three.
Alleging that the CPI(M) was trying to create fear
psychosis among voters, she said "they have done this from
Keshpur to Nandigram. When Keshpur happened years ago, there
was not much television media so it did not come to the fore,
but now people know what CPI(M) terror is.
"People have decided to teach them a lesson for
such atrocities," she said.
"The CPI(M) also pocketed development funds sent by
the Centre," she alleged and promised to create jobs for the
rural youth if the Trinamool Congress came to power.
She also claimed the BJP had been roped in by the
CPI(M) to cut into the votes of the opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!