Mamata accuses LF of closing down factories
Raina: Continuing her attack on the
Left Front government in West Bengal, Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee on Sunday said the CPI(M) had taken away jobs by
closing down factories.
"I tell you that CPI(M) has taken away lakhs of jobs
by closing down factories," Banerjee told an election rally
here in Burdwan district, parts of which go to Assembly polls
on May three.
Alleging that the CPI(M) was trying to create fear
psychosis among voters, she said "they have done this from
Keshpur to Nandigram. When Keshpur happened years ago, there
was not much television media so it did not come to the fore,
but now people know what CPI(M) terror is.
"People have decided to teach them a lesson for
such atrocities," she said.
"The CPI(M) also pocketed development funds sent by
the Centre," she alleged and promised to create jobs for the
rural youth if the Trinamool Congress came to power.
She also claimed the BJP had been roped in by the
CPI(M) to cut into the votes of the opposition alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened