Mamata alleges CPI(M)-Maoist plot to kill her
Chandpara: Blasting the CPI(M) for allegedly joining hands with Maoists to kill her in their bid to return to power, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday also charged the Marxists for being hand-in-glove with the Congress and the BJP in plotting against her.
"CPI(M) has joined hands with the Maoists in making a blueprint to kill me and to make room for their return to power in West Bengal which will never come off," Banerjee thundered at her first panchayat poll campaign.
Unsparing in her charges against the Congress and the BJP, the Trinamool Congress supremo alleged that she had definite intelligence reports that a `murder plot` was hatched during her visit to Kamduni village on Monday.
"Outsiders intruded the village when I visited the residence of the girl (gangrape victim who was brutally killed on June 8) and my security staff later told me that a murder plot was hatched against me there itself, which came to be known later," she alleged.
Banerjee, who was peeved at angry demonstrations on Monday by some women for visiting the victim`s house 10 days after the crime and not hearing them, alleged that CPI(M) organised the agitation and had a dig at two TV channels for allegedly provoking them.
"They (CPI-M) have joined hands with the Maoists, who were present at Kamduni village that day to kill me. A murder plot has been hatched against me. But I don`t fear. They want to exterminate me to pave way for their return to power, but that will not happen," she said.
Most part of Banerjee`s speech was confined to bashing the CPI(M), but Congress and BJP too came under her attack.
"I would like to tell you that CPI(M), Maoists, Congress and BJP have all joined hands to conspire against my government," she said, calling for foiling all such designs.
"So long as Ma, Mati and Manush (Mother, land and people) are with me, nobody can touch my hair. I never commit a mistake knowingly. I am not afraid to die," she said and alerted people against allowing CPI(M), Congress and BJP to reap political benefits when rape and murders take place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed