Mamata announces ban of `online lotto`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government today banned "Online Lotto", an online lottery, in the state.
Announcing the ban, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the online lottery was a social problem and the notification for the ban would be issued soon.
"Online Lotto started during the Left Front regime. It is a social problem. It had even led to fight among members of families. It had anyway stopped functioning, but we got it banned officially as we have done in the case of Gutka," she told reporters.
She noted, "Some people had started channels showing the online lottery. I am for the employees (of the channels) but against those who have done this. One has got the freedom to go to the court against me to challenge the ban. I am not going to say anything regarding that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port