Mamata announces ban of `online lotto`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government today banned "Online Lotto", an online lottery, in the state.
Announcing the ban, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the online lottery was a social problem and the notification for the ban would be issued soon.
"Online Lotto started during the Left Front regime. It is a social problem. It had even led to fight among members of families. It had anyway stopped functioning, but we got it banned officially as we have done in the case of Gutka," she told reporters.
She noted, "Some people had started channels showing the online lottery. I am for the employees (of the channels) but against those who have done this. One has got the freedom to go to the court against me to challenge the ban. I am not going to say anything regarding that."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory