Mamata announces ban of `online lotto`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government today banned "Online Lotto", an online lottery, in the state.
Announcing the ban, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the online lottery was a social problem and the notification for the ban would be issued soon.
"Online Lotto started during the Left Front regime. It is a social problem. It had even led to fight among members of families. It had anyway stopped functioning, but we got it banned officially as we have done in the case of Gutka," she told reporters.
She noted, "Some people had started channels showing the online lottery. I am for the employees (of the channels) but against those who have done this. One has got the freedom to go to the court against me to challenge the ban. I am not going to say anything regarding that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister