Mamata announces new scheme - Karmashree
Gangarampur: After the success of her `Kanyashree` project, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday announced her new project `Karmashree` here.
"We are launching a new scheme Karmashree which will be a combination of several other schemes. People who work for 20 days in a project, will be given work for another 20 days in another project," Banerjee said addressing a rally after her meeting with the administration of both South and North Dinajpur districts.
"Dignity of labour must be respected. No job is inferior," she said.
Stating that her government would train 10 lakh youths for skill development, Banerjee said 500 Karma Tirtha marketing hubs, where poor people would get shops free of cost, were being set up in the state.
While three Karma Tirthas had been inaugurated today in South Dinajpur district, 48 Karma Tirtha hubs have already been operating statewide, she said.
The Chief Minister inaugurated 46 development projects for Uttar Dinajpur and laid foundation stones for 15 other projects.
She also inaugurated 27 projects for Dakshin Dinajpur and laid foundation stones for 18 projects.
Banerjee gave away grants and aids under different government schemes to the people of both the districts on the occasion.
The Chief Minister will return to Kolkata tomorrow and take part in the celebrations of Kanyashree Divas on August 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review