Mamata announces plans for developing Howrah distt
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a slew of measures for the
development of Howrah district.
Stating that a medical college would be set up in the
district, Banerjee said the ESI Hospital at Uluberia would be
upgraded to a 300-bedded one.
Steps would be also taken to check recurring flood in
Udaynarayanpur block, she told reporters after the meeting in
which 12 ministers, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home
Secretary G D Gautama and top officials of Horwah district
Roads in bad condition would be repaired while the
Domjur stadium would be modernised, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir