Mamata announces plans for developing Howrah distt
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a slew of measures for the
development of Howrah district.
Stating that a medical college would be set up in the
district, Banerjee said the ESI Hospital at Uluberia would be
upgraded to a 300-bedded one.
Steps would be also taken to check recurring flood in
Udaynarayanpur block, she told reporters after the meeting in
which 12 ministers, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home
Secretary G D Gautama and top officials of Horwah district
Roads in bad condition would be repaired while the
Domjur stadium would be modernised, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites