Mamata announces plans for developing Howrah distt
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a slew of measures for the
development of Howrah district.
Stating that a medical college would be set up in the
district, Banerjee said the ESI Hospital at Uluberia would be
upgraded to a 300-bedded one.
Steps would be also taken to check recurring flood in
Udaynarayanpur block, she told reporters after the meeting in
which 12 ministers, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home
Secretary G D Gautama and top officials of Horwah district
Roads in bad condition would be repaired while the
Domjur stadium would be modernised, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!