Mamata announces plans for developing Howrah distt
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a slew of measures for the
development of Howrah district.
Stating that a medical college would be set up in the
district, Banerjee said the ESI Hospital at Uluberia would be
upgraded to a 300-bedded one.
Steps would be also taken to check recurring flood in
Udaynarayanpur block, she told reporters after the meeting in
which 12 ministers, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home
Secretary G D Gautama and top officials of Horwah district
Roads in bad condition would be repaired while the
Domjur stadium would be modernised, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'