Mamata announces plans for developing Howrah distt
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced a slew of measures for the
development of Howrah district.
Stating that a medical college would be set up in the
district, Banerjee said the ESI Hospital at Uluberia would be
upgraded to a 300-bedded one.
Steps would be also taken to check recurring flood in
Udaynarayanpur block, she told reporters after the meeting in
which 12 ministers, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh, Home
Secretary G D Gautama and top officials of Horwah district
Roads in bad condition would be repaired while the
Domjur stadium would be modernised, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why