Mamata announces recruitment bank for junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said an `employment bank`, which will
provide jobs under various government schemes, will soon be
set up in junglemahal.
"A junglemahal employment bank will be set up so that we
can provide government jobs to eligible candidates," she told
a rally here.
The chief minister said a process was on since September
9 for recruiting 5,000 junior constables and as many National
Volunteer Force volunteers in junglemahal, and applications
would be accepted up to November 18.
Eligible candidates left over from the recruitment drive
will be considered by the employment bank, she said, adding
that vocational training centres will start functioning in
junglemahal from this year.
The chief minister, who laid the foundation stone for a
Rs 170 crore bridge over Subarnarekha river connecting
Nayagram and Gopiballavpur, announced a slew of projects
covering infrastructure development, health, education and
"We want road connectivity in all 84 mouzas in West
Midnapore district. The work will be taken up this year
itself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday