Mamata announces recruitment bank for junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said an `employment bank`, which will
provide jobs under various government schemes, will soon be
set up in junglemahal.
"A junglemahal employment bank will be set up so that we
can provide government jobs to eligible candidates," she told
a rally here.
The chief minister said a process was on since September
9 for recruiting 5,000 junior constables and as many National
Volunteer Force volunteers in junglemahal, and applications
would be accepted up to November 18.
Eligible candidates left over from the recruitment drive
will be considered by the employment bank, she said, adding
that vocational training centres will start functioning in
junglemahal from this year.
The chief minister, who laid the foundation stone for a
Rs 170 crore bridge over Subarnarekha river connecting
Nayagram and Gopiballavpur, announced a slew of projects
covering infrastructure development, health, education and
"We want road connectivity in all 84 mouzas in West
Midnapore district. The work will be taken up this year
itself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video