Mamata announces recruitment bank for junglemahal
Jhargram (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said an `employment bank`, which will
provide jobs under various government schemes, will soon be
set up in junglemahal.
"A junglemahal employment bank will be set up so that we
can provide government jobs to eligible candidates," she told
a rally here.
The chief minister said a process was on since September
9 for recruiting 5,000 junior constables and as many National
Volunteer Force volunteers in junglemahal, and applications
would be accepted up to November 18.
Eligible candidates left over from the recruitment drive
will be considered by the employment bank, she said, adding
that vocational training centres will start functioning in
junglemahal from this year.
The chief minister, who laid the foundation stone for a
Rs 170 crore bridge over Subarnarekha river connecting
Nayagram and Gopiballavpur, announced a slew of projects
covering infrastructure development, health, education and
"We want road connectivity in all 84 mouzas in West
Midnapore district. The work will be taken up this year
itself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!