Mamata appeals to industrialists to invest in WB
Kolkata: Pointing to the fund crunch facing West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday asked industrialists to invest in the state without giving any credence to `wrong publicity` in the media.
"Invest in West Bengal as the industrial scenario is good in our state. Do not give credence to wrong publicity against our government," Banerjee said at a `Bijoya Sammilani` in her first interaction with city industrialists after the exit of Haldia Bulk Terminal from Haldia port.
Stating that she was against forcible land acquisition and favoured peaceful co-existence of industry and agriculture, Banerjee said "for the industry, we have land. We have a land bank and a power bank. We have set up e-governance.
Agro-based industries could be set up on 500 acre.
"We have land at Sankrail, Haldia. At Goaltore, we have 1,000 acres where 500 acres can be earmarked for manufacturing industries," she said, adding a cabinet committee on infrastructure has been set up.
Listing investment proposals cleared by the government, she said "many proposals have been cleared. Jindal`s land proposals have been cleared as also many others."
Urging industrialists to submit their proposals to the government, Banerjee said "you can come up with proposals for joint venture, PPP model."
She drew attention to the possibility of promoting tourism, cultural tourism, and tea tourism in the state.
"Tourism can be promoted further in the Sunderbans, Digha and Sagar Islands.
She announced an eco-tourism park on 400 acre at Rajarhat in North 24 Parganas district would be inaugurated on December 28.
Industrialists Sanjiv Goenka, Harsh Neotia, Kurush Grant (ITC executive director), C K Dhanuka and Tata Ryerson Managing Director Sandipan Chakraborty were present at the get-together at a posh south Kolkata address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA