Mamata appeals to industrialists to invest in WB
Kolkata: Pointing to the fund crunch facing West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday asked industrialists to invest in the state without giving any credence to `wrong publicity` in the media.
"Invest in West Bengal as the industrial scenario is good in our state. Do not give credence to wrong publicity against our government," Banerjee said at a `Bijoya Sammilani` in her first interaction with city industrialists after the exit of Haldia Bulk Terminal from Haldia port.
Stating that she was against forcible land acquisition and favoured peaceful co-existence of industry and agriculture, Banerjee said "for the industry, we have land. We have a land bank and a power bank. We have set up e-governance.
Agro-based industries could be set up on 500 acre.
"We have land at Sankrail, Haldia. At Goaltore, we have 1,000 acres where 500 acres can be earmarked for manufacturing industries," she said, adding a cabinet committee on infrastructure has been set up.
Listing investment proposals cleared by the government, she said "many proposals have been cleared. Jindal`s land proposals have been cleared as also many others."
Urging industrialists to submit their proposals to the government, Banerjee said "you can come up with proposals for joint venture, PPP model."
She drew attention to the possibility of promoting tourism, cultural tourism, and tea tourism in the state.
"Tourism can be promoted further in the Sunderbans, Digha and Sagar Islands.
She announced an eco-tourism park on 400 acre at Rajarhat in North 24 Parganas district would be inaugurated on December 28.
Industrialists Sanjiv Goenka, Harsh Neotia, Kurush Grant (ITC executive director), C K Dhanuka and Tata Ryerson Managing Director Sandipan Chakraborty were present at the get-together at a posh south Kolkata address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi