Mamata appoints government spokesmen after controversy
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would be the spokesmen for the government in what is seen as a disapproval of minister Subrata Mukherjee`s comments against Governor M K Narayanan.
Mukherjee, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development, while speaking about Narayanan`s comment that `goondaism` was prevailing in the state had Friday said, "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes we will show him the red card."
He had also stood by his comments today as had the governor yesterday.
Sources in the state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, told PTI "henceforth Industry minister Partha Chatterjee and Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim would be the sole spokesmen in matters relating to the government."
Chatterjee met the governor during the day following the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!