Mamata appoints government spokesmen after controversy
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would be the spokesmen for the government in what is seen as a disapproval of minister Subrata Mukherjee`s comments against Governor M K Narayanan.
Mukherjee, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development, while speaking about Narayanan`s comment that `goondaism` was prevailing in the state had Friday said, "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes we will show him the red card."
He had also stood by his comments today as had the governor yesterday.
Sources in the state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, told PTI "henceforth Industry minister Partha Chatterjee and Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim would be the sole spokesmen in matters relating to the government."
Chatterjee met the governor during the day following the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed