Mamata appoints government spokesmen after controversy
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would be the spokesmen for the government in what is seen as a disapproval of minister Subrata Mukherjee`s comments against Governor M K Narayanan.
Mukherjee, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development, while speaking about Narayanan`s comment that `goondaism` was prevailing in the state had Friday said, "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes we will show him the red card."
He had also stood by his comments today as had the governor yesterday.
Sources in the state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, told PTI "henceforth Industry minister Partha Chatterjee and Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim would be the sole spokesmen in matters relating to the government."
Chatterjee met the governor during the day following the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti