Mamata appoints government spokesmen after controversy
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would be the spokesmen for the government in what is seen as a disapproval of minister Subrata Mukherjee`s comments against Governor M K Narayanan.
Mukherjee, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development, while speaking about Narayanan`s comment that `goondaism` was prevailing in the state had Friday said, "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes we will show him the red card."
He had also stood by his comments today as had the governor yesterday.
Sources in the state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, told PTI "henceforth Industry minister Partha Chatterjee and Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim would be the sole spokesmen in matters relating to the government."
Chatterjee met the governor during the day following the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack