Mamata appoints government spokesmen after controversy
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would be the spokesmen for the government in what is seen as a disapproval of minister Subrata Mukherjee`s comments against Governor M K Narayanan.
Mukherjee, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development, while speaking about Narayanan`s comment that `goondaism` was prevailing in the state had Friday said, "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes we will show him the red card."
He had also stood by his comments today as had the governor yesterday.
Sources in the state secretariat, Writers` Buildings, told PTI "henceforth Industry minister Partha Chatterjee and Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim would be the sole spokesmen in matters relating to the government."
Chatterjee met the governor during the day following the controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened
- Haryana DGP says common man has right to take criminal's life. Read his shocking views here