Mamata assures all support to Darjeeling development
Darjeeling: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday held a meeting with Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) president Bimal Gurung and assured all support of the state government for all-out development of Darjeeling Hills.
"We want development of Darjeeling," she told reporters at the end of her meeting with Gurung.
"I am happy to come to Darjeeling. We have cordial relations with GJM. It is a relation of love and good wishes," she said.
The Chief Minister, who arrived here from Siliguri on a three-day visit said, her government was planning a package for tourism development covering Darjeeling, Terai and the Dooars region.
Proposed tourist spots like Jorebungalow, Rohini and Takdah were being identified for development as potential tourism destination.
Banerjee said, her government was also mooting an idea to set up a film city at Siliguri, which would open an opportunity for shooting films in Darjeeling.
"Road development is a priority area and some roads are National Highways," she said.
Ahead of her meeting with Gorkaland Territorial Administration (GTA) tomorrow, Banerjee told newsmen on reaching Bagdogra airport that her government and GJM will have to maintain friendly ties as it was necessary for the development of Darjeeling Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read