Mamata assures all support to Darjeeling development
Darjeeling: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday held a meeting with Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) president Bimal Gurung and assured all support of the state government for all-out development of Darjeeling Hills.
"We want development of Darjeeling," she told reporters at the end of her meeting with Gurung.
"I am happy to come to Darjeeling. We have cordial relations with GJM. It is a relation of love and good wishes," she said.
The Chief Minister, who arrived here from Siliguri on a three-day visit said, her government was planning a package for tourism development covering Darjeeling, Terai and the Dooars region.
Proposed tourist spots like Jorebungalow, Rohini and Takdah were being identified for development as potential tourism destination.
Banerjee said, her government was also mooting an idea to set up a film city at Siliguri, which would open an opportunity for shooting films in Darjeeling.
"Road development is a priority area and some roads are National Highways," she said.
Ahead of her meeting with Gorkaland Territorial Administration (GTA) tomorrow, Banerjee told newsmen on reaching Bagdogra airport that her government and GJM will have to maintain friendly ties as it was necessary for the development of Darjeeling Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi