Mamata assures help to Suhrid Das`s family
Krishnagar: The family members of Suhrid Das, the Indian-origin grocery store owner who was shot dead on Wednesday night in the US city of Atlanta during a robbery attempt, on Friday said West Bengal Chief Minister has instructed Union minister Mukul Roy to make arrangements to bring his
body to his native place.
Suhrid Das, 48, a native of Badkulla in Nadia district was shot on the February 22 night after being confronted by the assailant when he was closing down his store.Das was taken to a hospital but he later succumbed to his injury.
sanjay Das, a brother of Suhrid said he and another brother Ajay were crying at the Delhi airport while waiting for their flight to Kolkata when Mamata Banerjee saw them and enquired reason for crying.
They told Banerjee, who was also returning to Kolkata yesterday about the death of Suhrid in Atlanta.
The chief minister assured them all help from the state government and also from the Centre and instructed Union minister of state for Shipping Mukul Roy to look into the matter and make arrangements for bringing the body of Das to his native place in Badkulla, Sanjay said.
"A West Bengal government officer in Kolkata contacted us and wanted the Passport number and other concerned papers of Suhrid. We have faxed the same to him this morning," he said.
Suhrid`s son Sauvik study in the class eight at Badkullaha United Academy in Nadia district. Sanjay said Suhrid went to the USA in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'