Mamata Banerjee appoints two govt spokesmen
Kolkata: Taking exception to an uncalled comment made by Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee against West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would henceforth be the spokesmen for the state government.
It may be recalled that Mukherjee had taken umbrage to Narayanan`s comment that ``goondaism`` was prevailing in the state, and controversially said: "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes, we will show him (Narayanan) the red card."
Partha Chatterjee is the state’s Industry Minister, while Firhad Hakim is the state’s Urban Development Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal