Mamata Banerjee appoints two govt spokesmen
Kolkata: Taking exception to an uncalled comment made by Public Health Engineering, Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee against West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has instructed that ministers Partha Chatterjee and Firhad Hakim would henceforth be the spokesmen for the state government.
It may be recalled that Mukherjee had taken umbrage to Narayanan`s comment that ``goondaism`` was prevailing in the state, and controversially said: "Trinamool has shown the yellow card. And, if the time comes, we will show him (Narayanan) the red card."
Partha Chatterjee is the state’s Industry Minister, while Firhad Hakim is the state’s Urban Development Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’