Mamata Banerjee asks Left to be silent, allow her govt to work
Kolkata: Days after asking the Left parties to keep their mouth shut for ten years in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said that they should allow her government to work.
"Please keep silent. You have missed the bus. You have got enough time for 34 years, but have not done anything. Now take rest. Live a long life and keep well," Banerjee told a party rally here.
"Now let me work. It is people`s chair (the post of the chief minister). We will work," she said.
Stating that canards or conspiracies would not help, she said "We will not allow creation of a demon in the state."
Earlier, on November 29 she had said in the Assembly that the Left parties should keep their mouth shut with Leukoplast for 10 years and tell the people of their wrong doings.
The chief minister also criticised the Left for boycotting the closing ceremony of the Assembly`s platinum jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters