Mamata Banerjee asks Left to be silent, allow her govt to work
Kolkata: Days after asking the Left parties to keep their mouth shut for ten years in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said that they should allow her government to work.
"Please keep silent. You have missed the bus. You have got enough time for 34 years, but have not done anything. Now take rest. Live a long life and keep well," Banerjee told a party rally here.
"Now let me work. It is people`s chair (the post of the chief minister). We will work," she said.
Stating that canards or conspiracies would not help, she said "We will not allow creation of a demon in the state."
Earlier, on November 29 she had said in the Assembly that the Left parties should keep their mouth shut with Leukoplast for 10 years and tell the people of their wrong doings.
The chief minister also criticised the Left for boycotting the closing ceremony of the Assembly`s platinum jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'