Mamata Banerjee asks Left to be silent, allow her govt to work
Kolkata: Days after asking the Left parties to keep their mouth shut for ten years in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said that they should allow her government to work.
"Please keep silent. You have missed the bus. You have got enough time for 34 years, but have not done anything. Now take rest. Live a long life and keep well," Banerjee told a party rally here.
"Now let me work. It is people`s chair (the post of the chief minister). We will work," she said.
Stating that canards or conspiracies would not help, she said "We will not allow creation of a demon in the state."
Earlier, on November 29 she had said in the Assembly that the Left parties should keep their mouth shut with Leukoplast for 10 years and tell the people of their wrong doings.
The chief minister also criticised the Left for boycotting the closing ceremony of the Assembly`s platinum jubilee celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid